Lettings and Management
Citi Space are a professional managing agent; our property management department provides sound technical advice and administrative support service regarding any residential lettings issues that arise regarding your property on a day to day basis 365 days a year.
We offer residential lettings management service which offers a partial letting service right up to a full comprehensive property management service, all options of service can be tailored on a bespoke basis, specific terms may apply.
The following are services we offer, as bonded protected agents, to our clients:
8% vat = 9.6% of Annual rent one off up-front payment. (This is required in addition to Rent Collection and Full Management) Tenant Introduction
4% vat = 4.8% of the annual rent payable in monthly instalments ongoing. (This is an add on to Tenant introduction) Rent Collection
- 6% vat = 7.2% of the Annual rent payable in monthly instalments ongoing. (This is an add on to Tenant introduction or for taking over existing tenancy on to managed) Full Management
12% vat = 14.4% of the Annual rent payable in monthly instalments ongoing. No up-front fee.
Combined Management Service (includes Tenant introduction)
Central Management Department
- We recognised the importance of establishing a central property management department, with your own dedicated property manager that will deal with all aspects of the letting and management process from start to finish.
We use expert third party referencing companies to provide tenant references, these include financial and personal details, employment and previous accommodation references. The companies we use are Homelet & LetRisks. We require the last three years report & Accounts and an Accountants reference for Company Lets.
Property Management Software
We use a computerised property management software system called ‘Gemini ‘ which is recognised within our industry as a leading software system to monitor and control all of our tenants, landlords and contractors accounts.
Financial Rent Collection
Our accounts department control and monitor each tenant’s individual property accounts, to ensure payments are collected by standing order, online banking, debit and credit cards and any cash payments. All accounts are monitored closely to avoid any rental arrears. Landlord monthly accounts statements are sent electronically by email or by post.
Maintenance Repair Issues
Citi Space will organise any maintenance repair issues, and will report back to the landlord with costing’s .
Our maintenance contractors are closely vetted to ensure the quality of workmanship is of a professional standard and they are both reliable and trustworthy.
Victor Michael insists that all contractors hold public liability insurance for your protection and peace of mind, which we hold on file. All our gas and electrical engineers are members of the accreditation schemes, Gas Safe and NICEIC which are periodically checked by us.
Inventories & Schedule of Condition Reports
We use a third-party inventory clerk company who are members of AIIC (Association of Independent Inventory Clerks) they produce comprehensive and professional inventory reports with schedule of condition statements and professional photographs which are time and date stamped.
Our Inventory clerks also undertake the management inspections of properties, to ensure the property is being kept in good order and the tenants are abiding by the tenancy agreement.
We recommend that Landlords consider purchasing Rent Guarantee Insurance which protects you against tenants defaulting on their rental payments and also provides legal costs to legally evict the tenants. The policy will only be offered if the tenants passes the reference application process. Full Terms and conditions apply.
We prepare and issue section 21s and section 8s in accordance with the Housing Act 1988 and also serve notice to quite notices in accordance with the Protection of eviction act 1977.
Check Out Inspections
At the end of a tenancy we arrange for our clerk to attend the property and meet the tenant, they compare items with the original inventory and management inspection reports, We will at this point discuss with you if any dilapidations are to be deducted from the security deposit, please note general wear and tear should always be considered and accounted for.
Landlords Statutory Legal Obligations
- To Maintain and repair the property (Section 11 Landlord & Tenant Act1985).
- To give their address (Sections 1 and 2 Landlord & Tenant Act 1985, Sections 47 & 48 Landlord and Tenant Act 1987).
- Not to harass or unlawfully evict the tenant (Protection from Eviction Act1977).
- To give the tenant the required notice when seeking procession (Housing Act1988 (as amended) and Protection from Eviction Act 1977).
- To ensure that the furniture and furnishings comply with the Furniture and Furnishings (Fire) (Safety) Regulations 1988 (as amended).
- To ensure that the gas and electrical appliances and supply are safe (Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 and Electrical Equipment (safety)Regulations 1994).
- To commission an EPC before marketing of the property begins, to use all efforts to obtain the EPC within seven days or 21-day extended period, and to provide the EPC to the eventual tenant free of charge.
Client Money Protection Scheme statement
A Client Money Protection (CMP) Scheme is a compensation scheme providing compensation to Landlords/Tenants and/or other if an agent was to misappropriate their rent/deposit or other client monies.
As regulated members of Property mark, we are also members of their CMP Scheme you will be aware of this from their logo at the bottom of our webpage.
Please see their webpage
We register the Deposit when the tenancy first starts with the Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS) and produce a certificate for the tenant within a maximum of 30 days from the start of the tenancy.
After the checkout inspection has taken place at the end of the tenancy and the checkout report is filed with Hamilton Leigh, we will then evaluate if there are any damages or rent arrears to be deducted from the Security deposit taking into account any ‘ General Wear and Tear ‘issues to your property.
We will then liaise with the landlord to ascertain if any costs are to be deducted from the tenant’s security deposit. If there are deductions to be made, we will then liaise and negotiate with the tenant in writing. If we cannot arrive at a mutual agreement, both parties have the right to raise a dispute with the TDS which will then be sent for arbitration, however if there are no deductions we will payback the deposit in full less our check out deduction fee. www.tds.gb.com Dispute case studies
Additional services available
- Should you request them if they are not included in your service package
- Rental review/Sale appraisal prior to end of tenancy £30.00 VAT £36.00 inc. VAT
- Detailed maintenance log (required for PRPL) £30.00 VAT £36.00 inc. VAT
- Detailed pest control log (required for PRPL) £30.00 VAT £36.00 inc. VAT
- Preparation of eviction notices* £95.00 VAT £114.00 inc. VAT
- Service of eviction notices – Section 21(6a) and Section 8* £65.00 VAT £78.00inc. VAT
- Court Appearances per hour from £65.00 VAT £78.00 inc. VAT
- Prepare and apply for Property License* £175.00 VAT £210.00 inc. VAT
- Prepare and apply for HMO License* £500.00 VAT £600.00 inc. VAT
- FRA (Fire risk assessment) £65.00 VAT £78.00 inc. VAT
- LRA (Legionella risk assessment) £65.00 VAT £78.00 inc. VAT
- Rent guarantee claim processing £175.00 VAT £210.00 inc. VAT
- Preparation of file and documents for Deposit Dispute £100.00 VAT £120.00 inc. VAT
- Accompanied Council visits £95.00 VAT £114.00 inc. VAT
- Additional Management Inspections £65.00 VAT £78.00 inc. VAT
- Detailed PRPL Inspections with floor plans £140.00 VAT £175.00 inc. VAT
- Detailed PRPL Inspections (per visit) £90.00 VAT £108.00 inc. VAT
- Floor Plans £50.00 VAT £60.00 inc. VAT
- Gas safety inspection certificate (GSI)# £50.00 VAT £60.00 inc. of VAT
- Inventory £95.00 VAT £114.00 inc. of VAT
- Electrical safety inspection certificate(ESI)# £110.00 VAT £137.50 inc. of VAT
- Check out £65.00 VAT £78.00 inc. of VAT
- Portable Appliance test certificate (PAT) £40.00 VAT £48.00inc. of VAT
- Rent Guarantee Insurance 1 month excess £160.00 IPT £192.00 inc. of IPT
- Rent Guarantee Insurance NIL Excess £185.00 IPT £222.00 inc. of IPT
- Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)# £65.00 VAT £78.00 inc. of VAT
- Smoke Detectors (each additional detector£15.00 vat £18.75) £65.00 VAT £78.00 inc. of VAT
- CO2 Detectors (each additional detector£15.00 vat £18.75) £65.00 VAT £78.00 inc. of VAT
- TDS Registration # £50.00 VAT £60.00 inc. of VAT
- TDS Renewals # £30.00 £36.00 inc. of VAT
- Renewal Fees payable: (for Tenant Introduction Only) £350.00 £420.00 inc. of VAT
- Marketing Plus administration and enhanced marketing £95.00 £114.00 inc. of VAT (includes superior professional photography and floor plans)